Saturday, March 8, 2008

Gratitude

Just a few days ago I received one of those "answer some silly questions and send it to everyone you know" type emails. One of the questions was "List two things that you want right now really badly". And you know what? I couldn't think of a good answer. I don't need anything really badly. I am a very lucky woman who has just about everything she needs. I had to go with the generic answers of more sleep and more money. Really.

I have a wonderful husband who still loves me and takes good care of me. I have two healthy, happy, smart children. I have a house with a washing machine, dishwasher, Internet connection, and fleas (OK, I could do without the fleas, but we have an excellent exterminator who just came yesterday). My car drives around, my cupboards are full of food. I was just complaining about not having a big enough fridge because there was too much food in there. Now how many people are lucky enough to have that problem? I have a job that I love. My extended family is healthy- too far away, but the possibility of seeing them all again is still high. I have a great support network of friends here that I have never had in my entire life. I have a nice long list of people I can call in a crisis or just to keep the kids for a few hours while I get a make over or date my husband. I just went out to the living room to check on the kids, and they put themselves to sleep on the couch- one more blessing! Up until last week I would have said "have a baby" but guess what, I got that one too!
I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all of my blessings. That is something I definitely don't do enough of, thank the Lord for all he has given me. It isn't that hard once I start looking, though. I am finally beginning to think that it must be true, that the windows of Heaven can open up and pour down blessings so numerous, you can't put your arms around them all. And I am so grateful for that!

May you get rained on, too, and may we all remember to be grateful!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

That was a great post. I am really blessed, too and need to remember it.


I think I may have explained the whole linking thing poorly yesterday...I had problems getting the linking thing to work on my post from yesterday so, I had to go back and fix it. It you have problems give me a call and I would be happy to explain cause I finally got it to work.