Thursday, April 17, 2008

A lighter load today

I am feeling a little less burdened with health worries today.

The dermatologist called back today and said that my biopsy stuff all came back normal, so there is one big worry I can cross off my list! My stitches are gone and I just have a small scar that is smaller than the mole was anyway, so no lasting damage. Thank you everyone for you prayers, it made me feel better knowing there were other people out there who cared!

I went to the doctor about the 5ths thing yesterday and he ordered a blood test to check for antibodies. The chances of something bad happening are pretty small- 60% of adults have antibodies, even if they don't remember having it as a kid, if I don't have antibodies I have about a 50% chance of getting it, which is even lower since Lenna was with relatives most of the week she was contagious (sorry about that guys), and even then only 5% of pregnant women who get it have any problems. I dont' know the complicated math, but I think my chances of having something to worry about are pretty low, all things considered. So I will worry more in a few weeks when I know more either from the blood test or after the window for me to get symptoms passes.

Lenna is fine- her rash is pretty much faded and I think she is good for going back to school tomorrow- I think she could have gone today but I admit I was just as tempted by the sleeping in part as she was, so she is here today. I talked to her teacher who mentioned three of her little friends who have had it in the past month or so, so I know where she got it! They sent her home early because the rash spread to her arms and all over her face and it was itching like crazy, mostly from playing and sweating at recess then coming into the hot clasroom. Oh the joys of public school! Maybe we will get a break this summer from all the germs!

So that is our update!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am so happy to hear about no skin cancer!!! *Phew!!!*


Yeah, Public School is one giant, infectious place! I try not to think about it, *shudder*