Friday, September 19, 2008

Aaahhhhhh!





Today I went outside to a wonderful morning!


It was almost even cool enough to think about putting on a jacket. My kids were wearing sweaters (a size too small because we still haven't taken out the warm clothes for this year) and socks at breakfast!


I am trying not to get too excited, but I think that summer might actually be ending!


It was so nice to go outside and not feel suffocated by the heat and humidity.


I love fall!


Here's why:


1. Its like a breath of fresh air, such a nice change to the summer heat that seems to last forever here.

2. It is celebration time- Andy's birthday, my birthday, Lenna's birthday, new baby's birthday, our wedding anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the start of Christmas.

3. Beautiful colors. I do admire all of the different shades of green I can see out my front window during the summer months, but the other fall colors make it that much more beautiful.

4. Less bugs.

5. Sweater season.

6. A/C bill relief!

7. Less bugs (this one deserves to be mentioned twice)

8. We can play outside during the day again- park days, picnics, bike rides, afternoon walks, etc.

9. UV index falls and I don't have to be quite so vigilant with the sunscreen.

10. I can put blankets on the beds again.

11. Yummy fall food- pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkim chocolate chip cookies (my favorite), apple cider, hot chocolate- makes me want to go on a hayride right now. Anyone know of a good pumpkin patch, corn maze, hayride kind of place around here?
Hooray for Fall!!



3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

You said it all perfectly! We were so excited to feel the cooler mornings. It seems like it has been a looooooog time in coming!

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way up here! I've been asking for football weather - b/c it is not quite as fun to sit out in the hot sun to watch Jami cheer for the mini pony team.... This past Saturday was perfect - mid 70's, a little bit of a breeze, and still sunny!! I love Fall with all of the brilliant colors....I just dread the days that will come too soon getting dark so early.....

Jessica Parnell Tucker said...

I hear ya...except we keep feeling the air beind cool adn get all decked up, to be hit hard with summer weather at 11. What in the world do you wear in Georgia? Surprised they haven't hit any fashion trends where you unzip your sweater into a shirt, or unbutton the top thick layer of pants to be just windsuit pants underneath. It is funny cause I looked forward to summer to be able to go outside in the north- now I look forward to fall/winter to go outside.