Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Half Birthday

Rebecca is six months old! Wow, how the time flies! At her check up she weighed in at a lovely 17 1/2 lbs. She is growing so fast! Happy half birthday to Becca, and congrats to the rest of us for making it through the rough patch.

I love watching her personality start to come through. She is rather serious, treating us to belly laughs only on special occasion, but loves to smile at the people she loves. She is curious and persistent and already knows what she likes (and doesn't like) and is trying very hard to communicate with us.

I didn't want her to feel left out of the achievement category, so here is what she can do now: roll over, sit up (for a few moments anyway), suck her thumb, drool, grab everything and put it in her mouth, kick in the bathtub, rock herself in the bouncy, and eat smooshed food. Go Rebecca! You have talent, too!

Fresh and clean right out of the bath.

Drop and give me twenty!! Actually, she was just trying to reach my glasses....

Mom is victorious! Her first bottle of formula- no tears, gagging, or spitting up. I just needed to let her do it on her own schedule.

Big blue eyes and her serious face. She has nothing but love for that big yellow ducky.
And did I mention that we love, love, love her? We do.


1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa...will you look at those blue eyes! Stunning!

I love that she can rock herself in the bouncy. She is getting in some good cardio that way, I'm sure ;)

Okay, so the other day Mike asked me if Brian was in CTR 5 or 6...I told him that I would have to call you and tell you Brian's birthday to find out. I explained how when we were in Primary together I would come running to you frantically to find out where all of the new kids went. I went on to explain..."I had to rely heavily on the genius of Jannet every week."