For our first foray into organized sports, Lenna played spring soccer this year. She started out not knowing the difference between a cleat and a shin guard, but ended the season with promise. She really found her niche in an unexpected place, the goalie box. She loved that position and did really well. She played through a bruised/cracked tailbone, jammed fingers, and several balls to the face. Sadly, her most significant injury occurred when I shut her foot in the car door after a particularly long night. Sorry sweetie.
Her team only had two returning players (the rest were first-timers) so they didn't do so well statistically but the difference between their first and last game was amazing. If they all play together in the fall they will be great. Lenna is considering soccer academy for her summer camp to learn some more goal-keeping skills.
She really had a good time, which was the most important thing, right?



2 comments:
Yay, Lenna!!!!
I love how you made that collage, or do they call it a mosaic(?) of pictures.
That is great that she liked it so much that she may want to learn more for her summer camp.
Congrats to Lenna! I can't believe that she ended up finding her niche in the goalie position - good for her! The collage is fabulous. I can't wait to see if she ends up doing soccer for her summer camp. Looks like she is going to be into sports, as well as theater and dance =)
Post a Comment