Andrew has decided to play baseball this year. He is in the youngest group, the tiny t-ballers.
It is a great program. They all line up to bat, every kid makes it home, then the teams trade places. This repeats for about four innings. Sometimes the coach has to steer the batter to the right base, or stop a runaway grounder with his foot, but it all works out in the end. They even have a very professional-sounding announcer in the booth announcing their names as they come to bat and giving play-by-plays.
The league is ran by a church, so they stop in the middle of practice to say a prayer and talk about how much Jesus loves them. Andrew's coach is great. You can tell he has worked with young kids before and really knows what he is doing. Andrew is excited to see Coach Bobby every week. And how do you get nine excited four year olds to sit still for five minutes to talk about Jesus and read Bible verses? Smart guy.
The rest, well you just have to see for yourself. These are photos from Andy's second practice. He had his first game today and the pics will be up this week. Prepare yourself for the cute-ness is all I can say. Dimples in a uniform- look out world!


2 comments:
You have such great stories without the pictures, but once you add the pictures, you are just amazing!! I definitely think that you need to consider writing a book. I comment regularly on how much I enjoy your blog. It means a lot that I can feel like your family doesn't live so many miles away, and that I am keeping up with what your children are into!
That said, Andy with tee ball is just hilarious! He looks like such a mini Mike - it still blows me away to see some of the pictures of him and think back many years. Andy is really growing up... =(
That is so wonderful that you could find a team that is run by a church. Helps you not have to worry about good sportsmanship or your child being pressured.
Those are the greatest pictures! He looks so, so cute!! I am dying over the cuteness!
I love how they announced their names for basketball, too. It made me teary because Adam got so excited.
Post a Comment