Friday, May 15, 2009

Some quick updates

Is it sad that almost every post I write has been titled "random"? Maybe it is a sign that I need some organization around here, even in my head.

Last night I bought plane tickets to fly to CA this June. The 16th- 3rd. Flying out of Baltimore into Reno. This way we can spend a few days with Mike's family (whoever will take us I guess) and then go see my family as well. Camping at the beach- woohoo! Too bad we are going to freeze to death. 60* at the end of June? Really?
Anyway, I am flying will all 3 kiddos by myself. Any hints on surviving a cross-country flight and then an 6 hr drive with three kids, one who gets car/plane sick, one who is in perpetual motion, and one who is teething, would be greatly appreciated! Or maybe you can just pray for me.....

Signed the kids up for swimming lessons today. Hooray for pool weather. Don't forget the sun block.

Lenna has decided on horse camp this summer. She has never ridden a horse, except for the ponies at the fair, so we will see how she does. She kicked my butt and monopoly last night. She snatched up the purple and the orange ones and started putting up houses like crazy. I was bankrupt in three laps.

Becca is 1/2 this month. That warrants a post of its own, but lets just say she is rolling, scooting, sitting, and drooling. Not to mention killing me every day with her red fuzz, blue eyes, dimples, and chubby baby feet. We love, love, love her!

Today we were walking on the dirt track at the school before I took Andy to preschool. He was bored, so I told him to write me a message in the sand that I could read on my next lap. He wanted me to get him some food, so he scratched this out in the dirt all by himself- "I um hogre" Read phonetically- I am hungry. I was so proud of him! Things are clicking for my little guy! He told his teacher "Yeah, I just listened to the letters!" His celiac test came back "elevated" but we had been avoiding most wheat because we thought he had an allergy. I am letting him eat whatever he wants for the next month then we will repeat the test and get Lenna poked, too.

Mike finished another semester of school with A's and B's. Only two semesters to go! We are enjoying having him around in the evenings again before classes start again next week.

He gave me a great Mother's Day present- a weekend at a church event with my good friend R including a night in a hotel with a jacuzzi, two days of eating food I didn't cook, and full access to the church bookstores. Not to mention great speakers and musical numbers that really made me feel inspired and motivated again. Mike stayed home with kids to do pick ups, baseball games, birthday parties, etc. I still got breakfast in bed and cute cards and little handmade surprises on Sunday.

I am shopping for a minivan. What do you drive? Why? What do you love or hate about it?

One more week of school, then it is summer vacation. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa, little Lenna schooled you in Monopoly ;).