Part 2
10 things I miss about working.
31. A paycheck.
32. Daily recognition for an exhausting day in the form of short hugs and waves.
33. I got to follow a plan every day, and it usually went the way I wanted it to.
34. A paycheck, which deserves to be mentioned twice.
35. 10 short people who usually loved me, except when I put them in time out or shortened the pit time.
36. Daily adult interaction with my boss, peers, and students parents (many who were my friends prior to turning their kids over to me)
37. Thinking about the world as it is seen and experienced by a preschooler- it is way cooler that way!
38. A daily challenge to be creative, spontaneous, adaptable, enthusiastic, and professional- and be recognized for it at the end of the day.
39. My room, my stuff, my plans, and my kids. I was a bit possessive I think.
40. Spending all day playing with my son and his friends, doing art projects, jumping on the trampoline, reading books, and singing silly songs and getting paid for it.
10 random things that have no category
41. I am so tired!
42. It is freezing here. Brrr.
43. I love RS dinners brought in. My family won't eat that well again for a while.
44. I am struggling with wanting to be alone with my baby and my pajamas and feeling totally lonely and craving some sort of human interaction that doesn't involve bodily fluids. Somebody send me an email. I probably won't answer it, but will read it three times just for the distraction.
45. My daughter went to school in her pajamas today. Too-small sweat pants and an over sized BYU t-shirt. I am sure her teachers were amused. In my defense, I slept through the morning routine and had nothing to do with it. But I am grateful for the sleep and the help, so won't dare complain. And she had her homework, her lunchbox, and sneakers for PE.
46. There is nothing on TV, at any time of day. I haven't missed anything this year.
47. Andy- "No mom, I didn't just take the couch apart to make a mess. I turned it into a slide. No, I don't think I could put it back together before dinner. Maybe tomorrow."
48. Lenna- "I asked my teacher today how you know everything, and if it really was just because you are a mom and that is your job like you always tell me and she said she didn't know. So I guess moms even know more than teachers do." Mission accomplished.
49. I hate the sound of cat scratching on the window/door to get in. It makes my skin crawl, and lessens my desire to get off the couch and open the door to said cat, who I will have to toss out in a few minutes anyway when he tries to nap in the baby equipment (swing, bassinet, car seat, boppy, all have some draw for him and have to keep being washed. Like I need more laundry)
50. I love looking at my new baby. I love her funny faces, her drunk-on-milk sigh of contentment after a nursing session, her shiny blue eyes, her tiny fingers and toes, her soft
fuzzy hair, her squishy face when she is unhappy with something, her little tongue that keeps poking out (we are thinking of "the tongue" as a nickname), and her tiny yawns.
51. Some numbers:
12 days, 30 hours of lost sleep, 2 boxes of wipes, 127 diapers (yep, I counted), 3 extra loads of laundry, 49 thank you cards (yours is in the mail), 14 stitches (OUCH), 2 adoring older siblings, 9 pounds 9 ounces, 20 inches, 1 pretty fabulous baby.
5 reasons I don't like WalMart:
52. No service people to unload your cart or push it to your car, even if you are 9 months pregnant or have a newborn strapped to your chest.
53. Slow poke cashiers who can't bag groceries properly.
54. A five minute walk between milk and toothpaste.
55. Everything there is made in China.
56. I always buy things I did not come in for.
4 reasons I shop there anyway:
57. milk, diapers, oil, and hot wheels all in one place
58. gift cards
59. cheap stuff
60.I spend less there than I would if I went to Target
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
102 things- part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are so clever Jannet! I can't believe that you actually counted diapers and all of the other items - LOL =) I am looking forward to reading the other 42 items.
I'm so glad that Mike could stay home with you this week! I agree that you need sisters and a Mom around when you are a Mom yourself. It's very comforting! Hopefully you will move this way and we can be your adoptive sisters and mom as sister-in-laws and mother-in-law. You are a fantastic Mom and this will all seem like a blur in time within a few months. Enjoy every second!
Another great post! I am sorry you are feeling lonely...if you would like to get together just let me know!!!! I promise not to smother Rebecca with kisses...or at least I will really, really try, okay!
Andrew cracks me up. What an industrious young man building a slide like that ;).
Post a Comment