Monday, November 3, 2008

Behind again?

Did anyone else notice that it was November already? How did that get here so fast? Yes, I am still pregnant. Just to keep you from asking. Hopefully, that issue will be resolved this week, maybe even today. Until than, I have some catching up to do. SO here is a list of all you can look forward to when I get the camera pictures uploaded and catch up on October's happenings.

Andrew's double visit with the fire department, and Lenna' s first crush on men in uniform.
Halloween at school, fort discovery, church, and trick or treat.
My baby shower.
Pumpkin carving.
Andrew's school show.
A real theater play of Sleeping Beauty.

And because I know I will be behind as soon as the baby comes, I will remind myself to put these in, too:
Getting ready for baby.
Baby's arrival and first family photos.
Nana's visit.
Life off the payroll.
Mike's medical update.
Lenna's birthday.

There, see all you have to look forward to? Until then, I shall leave you with these tidbits:

Andy: "Mom, guess what I dreamed yesterday? That you went to the hospital and your belly got so big that it exploded and got baby goo all over everything, but then we got to hold the baby and I named her Sweet Dream like my lamb. How much bigger do you think your belly will get before the bubble pops, and if I poked your stomach really hard would that pop it and let the baby come out today?"
Yuck. Where is this child getting his information?
That is the trouble with due dates. Kids don't get the whole educated guess thing. They were on pins and needles all day Saturday waiting for something exciting to happen.

Lenna: "Wow mom, your stomach is getting really big. But not as big as I thought it would. I thought you would be huge like a cow or something. Now you just look a little huge, like you put a basketball in your shirt, or maybe the Halloween pumpkin. You could be a jack-o-lantern for Halloween and just paint a face on your shirt."
Umm, thanks?

Overheard on the phone by Lenna "Mom can't go on my field trip to the corn maze and I can't have my big friends over birthday party until after Christmas and my car seat is completely squished in the back seat. I never realized that having a baby would be such a big deal around here and effect me so much!"
I second that thought! And I am still sorry about the field trip, however not so much remorse for delaying the Hannah Montana bash for a while.

Here is to an exciting November!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

The things your children have said are amazingly funny and very memorable...like the, "baby goo" part and Lenna being pleasantly surprised that you are not as big as a cow. Just what every Mom wants to hear :)

I guess a new baby really does affect the family so much...Lenna is right. She will be so excited to see her baby though...she probably won't mind being a little squished.