Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Halloween! (yes, I know it is the end of November)

I know it is past Halloween, and this post would have been much better on the October background, not the snowman. However, here is how we celebrated Halloween, in case you need some tips for next year. We recommend you do the following:

Carve lots of Jack-O-lanterns

Be proud, even if you didn't actually do anything to help...

Make Mom do it so you don't have to touch it!

Yuck! Dad to the rescue.

Try it just once to say you stuck your hand inside the slimy thing.

Volunteer to take off the lid and put in the candle at the end, so you don't have to do the middle parts.
Clone yourself, because there can never be too many Spider men keeping us safe

Discover the ultimate rock star mirror, perfect for checking out your braids

Go into outer space


March in a costume parade at Fort Discovery


Dress up as Hannah Montana for your friends birthday/Halloween party


Let your mom paint your face, but refuse to look in the mirror because its too scary


Trick-or-treat as a cowboy- not scary!

"Yee-Haw!"

Trick-or-treat as Hannah Montana

Because rock stars can wear whatever they want, even ballerina tutu's and glow sticks

Spend weeks making a Halloween pinata,


Then joyfully smack it to pieces

Sing in a program at school

Play party games


Get your face painted at the church party


Get stuck between two costumes, and choose to go as "Super Spiderman!" to the church party

I hope you had a Happy Halloween and find these suggestions helpful when planning next year's celebration!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I found this post extremely helpful, indeed! I think it is so cute that Andrew let you paint his face but wouldn't looks in the mirror due to the scariness.

I laughed about the advice for pumpkin carving, "Be proud, even if you didn't actually do anything to help." You look very cute carving pumpkins with your pregnant belly looking so darling!