Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fire Safety

October is Fire Safety month. As a preschool teacher and mother of small children, this is something that I get to celebrate every year. This year, a fire truck came to visit our preschool class and Lenna's school, and we went to the fireman's demonstration at the park.
Nothing exciting to narrate really, so I will let the pictures tell the story.
One funny thing, Lenna really liked the two fireman who came to her school. She remembered their names (I don't I would give them a shout out) and really hoped to see them again at the park. She even changed her clothes into what she had worn to school that day, so they would be able to recognise her. Sadly, they were no shows at the park so she made do with the hose guy.


Fact finding : fireman have stinky boots and heavy helmets.

Those uniforms can be scary. It is easier to be brave with a friend, and a little distance.


Thia fireman was nice, but not the one she had hoped to see!

Someday (when I am 18!) I will get to drive for real!

Finally I get to drive!
Lenna putting out the fire (well, a target in a wooden house cut out, but still fun)


Andrew, trying not to fall over in the mud, that hose was pretty strong!


1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I'm with Lenna! I love a man in uniform ;)

I love the pictues...It really is amazing how strong those hoses are!