Hooray for the Air Force. Thanks to them we were able to go to Six Flags for free a few weekends ago. I would not have gone in my uh, condition, if I had to buy a ticket but I figured I could be the photographer for the day instead.
It was the last really hot weekend of the summer, one last chance for a dehydrated sunburn!
We did have a good time. The kids loved the rides, and are getting big enough for some of the in-between rides like the mini coasters, log ride, bumper cars. Andy loved driving the go-cart with Mike and seeing Thomas the Tank Engine. Lenna liked the big girl roller coaster and the log ride. I enjoyed the unlimited refills of the water bottle. Even if I could have fit in the ride seats, I am glad I passed. I tried the carousel and even that made me nauseous!
Checking out the park map
Log ride, starting off dry.
Thomas Land, the conductor and on-board Thomas himself!
Racing the go-cart. Andrew is sure he won the race!
The highlight for both kids (not so much for dad who was ready to go home!) was the little roller coaster. They both loved it, and if the line wasn't an hour, we would have taken them again.


Trying out the swings. 
My kids don't' watch Loony Tunes so have no idea who the characters were, but Marvin the Martian was my favorite as a kid, so I made Lenna pose for a pic with me.
A fun day! The hospital-looking wristband was for free drink refills. Next year I am dragging Mike on all the coasters I loved as a teen when we went to Six Flags in CA. Thanks Six Flags for the Military Appreciation days!


1 comments:
So fun!
We went to an amusement park when my sister-in-law was pregnant...I ended up having to ride the big coasters with my brother because my Mike gets sick and dizzy. I was hoarse from screaming for my life.
Post a Comment