Thank you to the women who, two different times this week, gave their kid's meal toy to my son. It saved me from an a-la-carte meltdown and made Andy feel special as the toys came with compliments for his blue eyes and good behavior.
Thank you to the three women who watched my children Monday afternoon while I went to the doctor. It is so much easier to tolerate the doctor running late when I am sitting with just myself to entertain, not worrying about how much longer until the exam room starts getting torn apart while the kids wait.
Thank you to the primary for making up those great little invite cards for the program. I don't think anything will come of it, but Lenna was so excited to give them out to her teacher and friends at school. None of them agreed to come, but I was impressed that she had no reservations about handing them out and inviting them to church. I wish I was that brave!
Thank you to my sister, Emily, for the bath and body works gift card. I had so much fun in there today looking around and smelling and choosing something completely impractical for myself. Andrew fell in love with the fluffy sheep, and I was taken with the pumpkin and the cranberry candles, along with the pomegranate body wash and body butter. And since it was supposed to be a gift, I didn't worry about what was a good deal (they were on sale anyhow!) or if it was too extravagant for my budget.
Thank you to Andrew, who spent the entire day running errands with me without complaining, begging, or asking to be carried. He sat through a portrait session (he is too cute, if you ask me), walked through the mall, left the teddy bear store without complaining, didn't break anything or run away in the lotion store, gave me plenty of notice to take him to the potty, requested fruit and milk instead of soda and fries with his chicken nuggets, and even survived an hour in the craft store with his indecisive mom without a breakdown when I wouldn't buy the Lightening McQueen fleece kit or the $3 vitamin water at the checkout. He definitely gave me a nice gift today!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Thank yous on Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I think getting to look at Andrew's blue eyes should come with every Happy Meal!
Great Job to Andrew for not crying about the, as he calls it and I can't get over how cute it is, Lightning A'Queen fleece. Such a great listener!
That is a wonderful day! It's nice to be able to step back and appreciate all of the good things! Andy is such a sweetie =)
Post a Comment