Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Christmas Song for You

Merry Christmas!


This year was the first Christmas we have spent in our house. It was fun to put out decorations and decorate our two trees- one for us and one for the kids. I decided to simplify a bit and focus on and do what was the most important this year (OK, it was because I just kept running out of time, but still I tried) so I kept some things put away and others came out only on Christmas Eve. We tried to simplify the gift giving and buying, the mass quantities of chocolate and sugar being consumed, and the crazy busy-ness that can take over sometimes. I think we were pretty successful. We had a great holiday, with some fun moments, good company, and some much needed down time.


One more Christmas song before you put away the last string of lights:


On the first day of Christmas my family gave to me: A jet plane hanging on the Christmas tree


On the second day of Christmas my family gave to me: 2 pairs of jammies



On the third day of Christmas my family gave to me: 3 silly Santas



On the fourth day of Christmas my family gave to me: 4 tired travelers



On the fifth day of Christmas my family gave to me: 5 Iowa T-shirts



On the sixth day of Christmas my family gave to me: 6 kinds of cookies



On the seventh day of Christmas my family gave to me: 7 stuffed stockings



On the eighth day of Christmas my family gave to me: 8 silly socks




On the ninth day of Christmas my family gave to me: 9 treats for tasting


On the tenth day of Christmas my family gave to me: 10 sticky fingers


On the eleventh day of Christmas my family gave to me: 11 cool new toys



On the twelfth day of Christmas my family gave to me: 12 AA's not included









Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Jannet, that was so clever! I loved it!

Anonymous said...

You have the best ideas Jannet! Those were the perfect pictures to match the song - I really enjoyed it =)