Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A happy post


Woo Hoo, look at all those comments. I should post about my breakdowns more often. I feel loved. Seriously though, thank you. No one told me to leave it and not worry about it, no one told me I was nuts, and no one showed up with a mop. Instead you made me feel much better and sent me some useful advice. I appreciate it.


As part of my moving on, I have happy things to post about now.


Mike left this afternoon to go sign on to a new job. It is the one he has been holding out for the last month, doing just what he loves (which I can't tell you about, of course). We are both very happy. He practically danced out the door on the way to his meeting this afternoon.


Hooray for employment, steady income, benefits, and security.


Rebecca has learned to giggle. It comes out more like a cough, but it is music to my ears! It is so much more rewarding to change those diapers when I get a smile and laugh as a thank you, as opposed to a blank drool-y stare.


Oh, and all traces of Christmas decor have been removed from my house and tucked safely away into storage. Baby steps, people.


So there is my happy report!


4 comments:

Abs said...

Congrats on the husband finding the job he wants. A happy husband has a huge effect (affect?) on a happy home.

LuAnne said...

Well, I considered showing up with a mop, but then I remembered that I don't have one!! Seriously, I really don't have one.

But I am so glad that today is a little better. Here's hoping for many more good days!

Lauren in GA said...

That is so wondeful about the job!!!!!!!!!!

And the giggles...giggles are so splendid!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your family - I know that yesterday was a big day!! Mike called me and he sounded so excited =) I knew this was going to happen and be a big blessing for you, it just took it's good old time *wink* I'd love to hear Rebecca's giggles - how wonderful =) And in case Mike didn't tell you that I called Sunday, thank you so much for the beautiful pictures of Andy and Lenna - you are awesome! The package arrived on Saturday - but I didn't find it until it was late. TTYS and hang in there!! Wish I was closer so that I could help - hopefully in the next few years....