This month, we are starting something new.
I realized that I have been depriving my children of some very important things:
The joy of service.
A sense of accomplishment from a job well done.
I feeling of belonging while contributing to the greater good.
The importance of teamwork.
In other words:
Time to start pulling your own weight around here! Get to work!
Monday and Tuesday Andy and Lenna are in charge of making dinner. Lenna is now an expert with the vacuum, Andy is the official sweeper of all wood floors (thanks to a Swiffer with the middle handle section removed), and they have both discovered the fun of scrubbing the bathtub with a Mr Clean magic eraser- no chemicals required (no, it doesn't matter that they are still sitting in tub while cleaning, I consider it a three-for-one). They are taking their own dishes to the dishwasher, can unload most of it by themselves, and have discovered that toys left on the living room floor after they go to bed magically disappear- FOREVER!
Life is good. Not perfect, but getting there.
What's for dinner?
Homemade tortillas.
When its your turn to flip, stand back (way back, out of the frame even).
Roll out as flat as you can.
Eat. Lightening plate is optional, but makes it taste better if you are 4.


5 comments:
Atta girl.
Jannet, I love this post! I've been thinking about you a lot since your Help post. Mostly because I really relate right now,and it's hard. And it's hard to admit it! But somehow knowing that thousands of miles away and several hours ahead there is someone else who is trying to make it through each day. I know our trials aren't exactly the same, but I am so with you about how I feel about them! Not fun. It looks like you are doing a great job involving the kids. They will benefit so much from it! My kids are really lacking structure right now because I'm so buried in the books all the time. It's bad. But you've given me some courage to try and pull myself out of this huge hole I've somehow found myself in.
Your kids look like good cooks. I really need to be more like you. And by the way, you're one heck of a good writer. I always love how you put things in your posts. I find joy in a post well written!
that is the way to do it!!! Who knew that they eat beeter when they help make it!!
You are a genius!! I will be right over for some cuisine ;)
Love those buff cartwheel arms, Lenna!!!!!
What a great chicken parmesan recipe! If a four year old can do it then it's right up my alley!
Post a Comment