The tag thing. I did it for face book. I cut and pasted it here. Just for kicks.
You know how it goes. Someone picked me. Here you go.
1. I hate mice. And rats. And anything that remotely resembles a mouse. Small rodents of any kind. Almost to the point of phobia. Nothing creeps me out more. My children will never have a hamster for a pet.
2. I am a picky eater. Especially when it comes to condiments. I don't like onions, pickles, mustard, peppers, most cheese, bitter green veggies, peas, or meat that is still bleeding. Seafood of any sort, esp shrimp (they look like little brains).
3. I don't like grocery shopping. Two hours of torture. Too many decisions, too many whiny kids, too many temptations, too much money. And after all that, you have to go back and do it all again next week.
4. I am not a good cook. I don't like to cook. I can't understand the point of investing two hours of my time to produce a good meal, only to have it disappear in twenty minutes, with nothing left to show for it but a pile of dirty dishes. But I do it anyway, because I love them (my family, not dishes).
5. I am allergic to nuts. Death by brownie, how tragic. Who ever thought putting walnuts in brownies was a good idea anyway? If you are going to add something, throw in some chocolate chips.
6. I see a pattern here. Maybe I just have a problem with food in general. I do like chocolate and peanut butter, esp together.
7. I have an elementary education degree. That was my third choice, First was biochemistry, but I could barely pass pre-calc. The back up was library science, but I didn't want to learn a foreign language (Les Mis was hard enough in English, why would i want to read it in French?). So I went with education. Aren't you glad you trusted me with your child's development?
8. I was on the league all-star teams for basketball and track in high school. Now, I just weave baskets and run errands.
9. When I feel bad about the way I look, I buy shoes. They always fit, and the mirrors don't show above the knee. I am especially fond of running shoes.
10. I have always wanted to take piano lessons. My husband promised me that before he could buy another computer, I get a piano. The laptop is on the fritz. I have high hopes for our tax return this year.
11. I would love to be on the tv show "The Amazing Race", after I get back into shape.
12. I attended 4 different elementary schools, 3 high schools, and 2 colleges. I lived in 10 different houses before I moved out. Since getting married I have lived in four different states, 7 apartments/houses, and now that I have lived here for 4 years, I have to rearrange the furniture every season to keep from going nuts. Or maybe that is what makes me nuts, I'm not sure.
13. I had black plague as a teenager. Caught it from a chipmunk at girls camp. Antibiotics kill everything.
14. I am a compulsive reader. If it has print on it, I will read it. No matter what it is, whose name is on it, or what language it is in. I can't help it. And I can't stop until the end. I read books I hate, newspapers and magazines cover-to-cover, cereal boxes, post its, etc. When I pick up a 400 page novel, it is no sleep and cereal for dinner for two days straight until the end.
15. I love roller coasters, but carnival rides make me puke. I think it is completely unfair that I was pregnant for all the free days this year at amusement parks.
16. I would love to be a perpetual college student. There is so much out there that I would love to learn about. Now I must be satisfied with three ways to remove poop stains from onsies, the mechanics of baby teeth falling out, and all the lines from Disney's Cars movie.
17. I have 9 siblings, 15 aunts and uncles, 3 grandparents, and about 50 first cousins (after that there are too many to keep track of). All of them live west of the Mississippi River. I live in stinky hot Georgia.
18. Mike has 0 cousins. He was deprived of an important childhood rite of passage. That is why I haul him west every year or so for a crowded, chaotic gathering with my family. He has catching up to do.
19. I can't swim. I can stay up for a while if I fall out of the boat, but couldn't get back to shore on my own. Probably because the only places to swim growing up were lakes and rivers, full of microscopic wriggly things. No way I was sticking my face in that water!
20. I need a haircut. And maybe I will dye it red. We'll see.
21. When I first got married I swore I would not have any kids after I turned 30. That came faster than I thought. Perhaps it 30 isn't so old after all?
22. I can't do a cartwheel. I can't teach my 7 yr old to do one either.
23. I can think of a dozen things to do with a bag of chocolate chips, but can't think of a single use for collard greens, yams, or okra. I am a bad southern-er.
24. I have 3 of the cutest, smartest, sweetest kids ever (I know yours are, too, but this is my post, remember?).
25. It took me 3 days to write this message.
I tag... no one. Answer if you like. Or Not.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
25 tag
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love these...because I am so nosy...er, curious...
Ohhhhhhhh, go for the red hair!!!!!!!!!!!
I just noticed your newest comment about the dishwasher! I'm so glad the system in working for you. I am amazed at how it has changed my life too. I ALSO enjoyed your post about getting your children to help you. I love how you said it teaches them the joy of service, sense of accomplishment, contributing to the greater good and the importance of teamwork. Can I use that on my blog sometime this week as a "guest post" I think it will really add to this weeks posts. Thanks! JOY
Oh I forgot to say - I am totally with you on #4. :0)
Okay- I didn't hear back from you and I'm just dying to post it- I hope you don't mind - come over and check it out.
I'm with you...I love these lists too. It's fun to learn things about people! I need a haircut too, in such a bad way. Maybe in a couple months I'll get around to it.
Post a Comment