It is Friday night in the Cross home. So as not to break with tradition, someone is ill.
Lenna came home from school today looking pretty under the weather. She has had a runny nose for a few days but nothing major. She went to a party at the park followed by soccer practice tonight. By the end she was coughing up a storm. Of course it is Friday so we have no access to a doctor until Monday unless we go the ER route. So I am fishing for a cyber diagnosis.
Here are the symptoms:
fever (101-ish)
runny nose (clear)
cough (loud, moist, deep, takes her breath away)
chest pain from cough
fatigue
no appetite
has had normal cold symptoms for about a week
So here is my question: what to do? just a cold complication that will run its course with a humidifier and some mucinex? should I worry about pneumonia or bronchitis?
How can I get her back to normal by Tuesday in time for her play that she has been waiting for all year? After all, she is a dancing firefly with a glow in the dark rear end, and she just can't miss it! Thanks for the help.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Friday Night
Posted by Jannet at 9:58 PM
Labels: Being the Mom, Lenna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I laughed at the, "So as not to break with tradition someone is ill."
I guess I would just give her lots of fluids and medication to help with her symptoms. I hope she gets to be in her play!!
That is a form of the flu that has been going around in MD. Unless you feel like it is really in her chest, I would do the tylenol and something for the cough. I don't remember if she is taking anything for allergies or not. When I was like that and went to the doctor b/c of ear pain, she told me to take Zyrtec D - with the antihistamine and decongestant. My sinus tubes were backed up and giving me the ear pain. I was runnng a low fever, too. You know her better than anyone - if you feel like it is going to bronchitis or pneumonia, I'd take her to an urgent care if you can.
Post a Comment