Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Health Update

Today, everyone went to school. Small victories. I, however, feel like a pharmacist. Between the three of us I am administering 13 different medications over the course of the day. I don't count Mike's, he has to take care of himself.

Andy is feeling better. He doesn't have to have his tonsils out. His adenoids are enlarged but the doc thinks its more allergies. So we are off to the allergist for a skin test and medicine adjustment. Better than surgery I guess. Tomorrow is the much anticipated Pre-K lottery drawing for our school. Wish us luck. If he gets in he will get to go to school with Lenna next year. Otherwise I will have to find a spot for him in a center.

Lenna is still sick. I did my best to put her under Monday. She was jumping rope at school and fell hard on her rear end. She was sore but I gave her some Motrin and I sent her off to play soccer. She did great. She loves to run. She is rather indifferent to weather or not she actually makes contact with the ball, but enjoys chasing after it. I'll sign her up for track in a few years. She wasn't feeling too hot when she got back. I had to send her to school because we are maxed out on allowable absences but the nurse called me at 1230 to come get her. I took her to the doctor. She has a cracked tailbone that should take 4-6 weeks to heal. She has a double ear infection that needed antibiotics and ear drops. And she had untreated allergies that were causing her bloody noses (two yesterday alone). Yep, Monday I sent her off to play soccer on a grassy pollen field unmedicated, with a double ear infection and a broken hiney. I am such a bad mom.

I lined up all the medicine on the kitchen counter so I could remember to give it all out. Flonase, saline spray, zyrtec, singulair, motrin, colace, amoxicilin, two kinds of ear drops (one for wax and one for pain), flinstones, prenatals, birth control, and zoloft. Lenna looked at the line this morning and said "Mom, it looks like a pharmacy in here." I agree. I need a chart. I have never been more grateful for medical insurance and 100% prescription coverage.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, I have no idea how you keep all that stuff straight! I have been taking 3 things a day and I always seem to forget if I already had one or the other. The whole medicine dole requires a lot of organization!

I bet Lenna doesn't regret getting to get out there on the soccer field in spite of it all. Sounds like she loves it!

Lauren in GA said...

I will totally send all my luck your way about getting into Pre-K...Brian didn't make it into the one that we are zoned for so I ended up having to go to a private sector Pre-K program.

Sorry everyone has been so sick. No fun. And a cracked tailbone sounds like an adventure in and of itself. You aren't a bad mom by the way.