So, um, its raining in my bathroom. I guessing this is very bad?
It has been raining here for a few days. Last night was a pretty big storm with lots of wind. Anyway, I got out of the shower and noticed that there was some water drops on the ceiling. I figured they were from Mike and I showering so close together, plus the humidity and rain, so just wiped them away with the towel. A few minutes later, they were back. The whole ceiling is wet and soft. I poked my fingernail into the crack and water came dripping out. Now it is a pretty steady drip, drip, drip of dirty water.
Help!
Update: Ok, put drain hole into sagging plaster to let the water out. Used a ball point pen, it was so soft I didn't need to drill or screw or anything. I got a good flow right between the eyes then filled the waste basket twice in about 20 minutes. It has slowed to a steady drip again.
*sigh* Anybody know how much a bathroom remodel runs these days? How about a good local work force- I have no idea how to do any of this stuff. Take apart a ceiling, fix a roof leak, put everything back together again. Paint. You know, I have never even painted a room before.
So sad, my new van is driving off into the sunset without me....
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Rain, Rain, Go Away
Posted by Jannet at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Rhet can help!
Call me. It would have to be at night:)
And, where have you been? I miss you and your fun stories! Are you partying with us at the Time Out thing?
Oh, dear. Sorry, you got it right between the eyes, too. That is just insult to injury.
I am so glad Rhet can help! Brother Langham-Dobson can do just about anything I hear, too.
So when it rains, it really pours in your case-sorry, I couldn't resist. Jannet!! That's really crappy-and on the heels of sickness and e.r. visits. We're thinking of you over here!
I hope things are getting worked out with the bathroom. I just want to stomp my feet and scream "it's not fair!!!" for you. Maybe you've already done that. It does seem like one thing after another right now, I'm sure. You're in my prayers.
Post a Comment