Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hello? It's for you!


I just had to share this picture of Lenna. She is talking on the telephone to her Nana. They have a weekly phone date on Sunday evenings. Lenna really looks forward to this time and talks about everything- really. From what she learned in church to what she ate for lunch all week or what funny things happened on the playgroud. I even have learned some new things by listening in. I am so grateful for the relationship she is dveloping with her grandmother who lives far away, even though we don't see her very often. I hope it will continue into her teen years when she will desperately need guidance and a listening ear and will most likely be reluctant to come to me (I can hope not, but am preparing for the worst!). If you are one of those relatives whom we love and miss and also lives far away, let this be your motivation to call more often so you aren't missing out! We have lots of open phone date slots!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, that is wonderful! I love the picture...I, of course, had to blow the picture up by clicking on it. She looks so happy :)

I think it is so great that you can learn things you may not have heard yet by the fact that Lenna discusses everything at length on the phone with Nana.