Sunday, February 10, 2008

Midnight musings

It is just after midnight here. I don't get to see the world this late very often. Usually, I am asleep seconds after my head hits the pillow, but not tonight. I just lay there listening to Mike snore, Andy cough (asthma at 3, ick!), the furnace hum, and the ceiling thump (I am sure something lives up there. I can hear it moving around at night. I am too chicken to open the trap door. I have visions of gross things falling on my head or crawling all over me. I know there is something up there!). So I am awake, and enjoying the time alone. I almost typed "enjoying the quiet" but realized that would be a lie. As you just read, it isn't really that quiet here.

It is an early spring here. It has been in the 70s most of the week. We have new soft green grass growing, the iris bulbs are shooting up (I think that is what they are, I didn't plant them so I am not sure), and the pollen is blowing. Yes, as the wide array of antihistamines on the kitchen counter will affirm, it is allergy season already here in the garden city. Lenna, Andy, and I all must be medicated before we venture outside into the nice weather. So to all of you still shoveling snow, take comfort in knowing at least you can breathe freely, even if it is through a scarf!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

My Mike snores, too...I try to beat him to sleep at night because it is quite loud!

I know what you mean about being afraid to open the trap door to the attic...we had mice recently, and I was afraid to be the one to put the poison under the house because what if I saw tons of them or they scampered over my feet. YOUZA!!!