So next week I get to spend a day getting new hair, make up, and clothes then do a magazine photo shoot that will be published in March. Mike too the day off to be with Andy and do the drop offs and such and my boss, who was the one who encouraged me to enter the contest, had no problems giving me the day off. It should be interesting and fun and a little scary. I am not one who relinquishes control to strangers very easily. It will be hard for me to just shut my eyes and say "Do whatever you want! I trust you." But I will try. Wish me luck.
Here is the picture I used for my entry. I actually liked it. What do you think?
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Make Overs
A few weeks ago, just for fun, some friends and I entered a "mommy makeover" contest in a local parenting magazine. I had forgot about it until yesterday when I checked my messages. Guess who won? Yep, me! I am excited. Apparently, out of all the 20-somethings in Augusta, I am the one most in need of a makeover. Or the one who can write the most convincing plea in the "100 words or less" email. I am not sure if I should be flattered or offended. It is a local parenting magazine here in town called Augusta Family Magazine. They just put up a website this month, so I can't tell you how much of the articles will show up online. But it will be in the march issue and it is free, so I can just send you a copy-but only if I like the pictures, otherwise, I am keeping them all to myself. www.augustafamily.com is the link.
Posted by Mike at 7:12 PM
Labels: Being the Mom, Jannet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh, and Jannet wrote this post, Not Mike. The same for the one below. Mike didn't win a Mommy makeover. He just had logged in with his email and I forgot to log him off before I wrote.
Jannet I love this picture!! Congrats on winning it will be lots of fun... I can't wait to see the makeover
Jannet,
I agree with Tiffany...I really love that picture of you...I chuckled at your wondering if you should be flattered or offended. Definately, be flattered!!!!
Once when I was in college, I was in a play and my character was described as a "plain Jane". One day after rehearsal the director told me to wear in the actual play the same outfit that I had just worn to rehearsal. She said she liked it because it was plain and kind of non-descript. Those were her words but I heard, "frumpy".*sigh*
Post a Comment