Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mr Independent

Andrew is in that fun and frustrating stage of growing independence. If he had a byline, it would be "All by myself!" He tells me that at least ten times every day. Yesterday he made his own snack, popping his own popcorn and even putting it into a bowl to share with daddy. Don't worry I was lurking near by to supervise the microwaving.

Tonight, he has decided to get his own pajamas. He came out dressed not in pjs, but overalls and tee shirt. He did it for a reaction I am sure, so I under reacted by shrugging and putting him to bed fully dressed. Too bad he didn't insist on wearing his Sunday clothes, that would make things a little easier tomorrow.

Funny thing is, I bring him to school at least twice a week in pajamas because he doesn't want to put on clothes. So he wears pjs to school and sleeps in overalls!

I know this is the part where a picture would be great, but my camera has no batteries until they finish charging. Why? Because Andrew has the spare set of rechargables in his flashlight. You see, he is addicted to flashlights. He has run the batteries out of three this month. It was cheaper to just give him the rechargable ones.

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, I hear ya, sista'! :) I loved the way you phrased it, "if he had a byline it would be "All by Myself!" I am blog-lifting the use of the word, "byline" you are a blog genius! :D