Valentines Day this year was very exciting! I will start with the kids.
Lenna and Andrew had the typical card exchanges- Andy was funny. He picked out "Cars" valentines, but refused to give any of them away. He is still grasping the whole gift giving thing. He wouldn't trade presents duringthe class gift exchange at Christmas time either- he insisted on bringing home the one he wrapped. Lenna fared better, passing out princess Valentines with no reserve.
At home we celebrated by having a pink dinner- pink milk, pink mashed potatoes, ham, and pears. The next day we gave the kids their gifts- Lenna got a Strawberry shortcake movie and soem rainbow colored pencils. Andy got a new ball and two more "cars" cars. That is his new obsession. And from Gaga (Mike's grandma) they got a new red wagon, which we bought with some money she sent. It is their new favorite outside toy. It is spring weather here, so they have been able to play outside with it for a week. They pull eachother and their toys and fill it with pine cones and such. The only drawback- I founf some pretty big scratches on my car bumpers, filled with red paint! It is the perfect height for scraping along the bottom of the car as they do laps and learn to steer. I now move the car out of the driveway before they play to save it from any more mishaps.
And now for the good stuff- Mike and I had a good day, too!
We managed to find Andrew a play date on Thursday afternoon so were able to go to a movie and to lunch at the Olive Garden. That would have been a good enough day but Mike suprised me with a wonderful gift- a honeymoon! We never actually went on one when we got married, just a weekend between work and classes. Since then we have not had hte time off, or the money, or had a nursing baby, or something that kept us from going.
Mike has been sneaking around for about a month. He booked a timeshare in Virginia Beach for Master's week, coordinated with his mom and sisters to keep the kids for most of that time, and got his sister to bring the kids down to us the last few days so they could share our beach vacation too. He also got a great deal on the timeshare so we will have money to spend on dinners at kid-free resturants, a day at Busch Gardens, and stuff like that. I need a new dress! I am so very excited!
A little nervous to be away from the kids that long. I know they will be in good hands, though. And hopefully we will all be too busy to miss eachother! And even if that is the case, it is a short time, and they will survive!
It has been a very busy week!




1 comments:
Awwwwww! I loved every word of this! I think it is cute that Andrew wanted to bring home his Valentines and his Christmas present!!!
You are such a cool Mom, making everything pink for Valentine's Day!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A honeymoon for you! That is fabulous!!!
LuAnne Alvord was reading the comments on my blog...she said she found mine through reading yours...and she, (being the fantastic Dental Hygenist she is :) ) said, she cracked up when she read your awesome comment on my tooth fairy post about how little Andrew was afraid to sleep in the same room with Lenna for fear that the tooth fairy would snag his teeth without his permission! She was giggling so hard about your comment about Andrew that I could barely understand her! :D
Post a Comment